MapleStory Tier List will help you find the best classes in the game ranking them from best to worst.
MapleStory is an online role-playing 2D game that was released in 2003 on different platforms. It is popular for its visuals and sound effects.
The characters in the game are divided into various groups. You as a player will have to pick the character to fight against the dangerous monsters in the maple world. As you kill them and proceed in the game, the characters will gain more abilities and skills which will make them more powerful.
It depends on you, which character you choose and want to make strongest of all.
Unlike other MMOs, your choice of class in MapleStory comes with less burden because any character you train contributes to your account-wide bonuses so even if you change your choice with the passing time, they will still contribute to your main character strength.
This MapleStory Tier list class guide will help you in selecting the best class for you that meets your requirements and fits your playstyle preferences and goals.
Understanding the System
MapleStory classes are designed for performing different tasks, which is later used to rank them according to their performance on the said task.
The criteria in agreement with the ranking of characters are mentioned below :
- DPS: These are those big numbers that players see on the screen when they hit enemies. This is rated based on overall damage per second of both burst and off burst attacks. This should be your basis of character selection choice if your primary focus is on the damage you deal.
- Mobbing: Mobbing promptly impacts your training speed and how efficiently you can clear a training level. A fair mobber is also likely to have favorable mobility and DPS which are also rate separately.
- Bossing: One of the vital quality of MapleStory character’s gameplay is bossing which is primarily done solo until the late game bosses. A good bossing character resembles their ability to stand strong alone with their targeted powerful attacks and invincibility in their skills. Strong bossing classes in MapleStory potentially have high DPS.
- Mobility: It describes a character’s proficiency with multiple movement options vertically and horizontally, which distinguish them from others.
- Utility: Characters with high utility can buff themselves and their allies. There are a bunch of utility skills that are helpful outside of bossing. Pawn enhancers, map-wide attacks, and summons are to name a few.
- Funding: This grading shows how much resources does a character has to be allotted to acquire its fullest potential and level of skill. Popular classes usually have higher funding costs as there is more demand for their weapons and other equipment on the Auction House.
To get a better understanding of the game, check out MapleStory Wiki.
How does Our Tier List work?
S Tier: Classes in this tier are the most powerful ones with extremely high DPS and time to kill. They should be your first choice and a very good-to-go character always which will never disappoint.
A Tier: This tier consists of classes with a well-balanced skill set and DPS. They are lower than those in the S tier list but still come out as a very valuable addition to the team.
B Tier: These tier classes provide decent support to the team, and are often a good option for filling up vacant slots as a bench role.
C Tier: These classes should be your last choice while forming a team.
D Tier: Classes in this list should be better left unattended without investing resources.
MapleStory Best Class Tier List
Tier S Class
- Fire Poison Mage
Tier A Class
- Dawn Warrior
- Thunder Breaker
- Night Walker
- Demon Slayer
Tier B Class
- Dark Knight
- Angelic Buster
- Night Lord
- Ice Lightning Mage
Tier C Class
- Battle Mage
- Bow Master
- Dual Blade
- Wind Archer
- Blaze Wizard
Tier D Class
- Wild Hunter
- Beast Tamer
- Demon Avenger
How to change a character name?
- Enter the Cash Shop and purchase a Character Name Change Coupon.
- Double-click the coupon to move it to your cash inventory, and then exit the Cash Shop.
- Double-click the coupon to obtain the Character Name Change Coupon in your Etc inventory tab.
- Visit the Event Hall and speak to Mr. Newname.
- Select ‘Change Character Name’. The Event Hall can be found by clicking on “Quick Move” below the world mini-map and selecting the Event Hall icon.
- Read the list of rules and click ‘Continue’.
- Enter the new name you’d like for your character. Click ‘Change’.
- Another pop-up will appear asking if you’re sure you want to change your character’s name. Click ‘OK.
- You will be logged out. You have to Log in again for the new name to take effect!
- Who is the best character to start in MapleStory?
As a newbie, you should focus on any of these before you progress further: Mercedes, Aran, and Evan.
These characters come with good DPS and well-balanced skills to boost your beginner journey seamlessly.