In this post, we give you a step-by-step guide on How to Play any Mobile Game without downloading the Huge OBB Files. This method works on all android phones and for any app that has separate .obb files.
Why this article?
With each passing year, mobile games are getting ever more space-hungry. Most Big games like PUBG Mobile, Call of Duty Mobile, etc. have large additional .obb files that players need to download separately.
Furthermore, Game developers push huge updates sometimes even twice a month. Though useful for fixing glitches and better gameplay, regular updates are not “good news” for every gamer.
Those, lucky enough to have an unlimited data WiFi connection at home it’s no big deal. But for those who play games using Mobile data having a fixed daily/monthly data quota, becomes a big hassle.
It is mainly an issue in countries like India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, where most people still don’t have access to free WiFi or unlimited data services.
So, what can people without WiFi do? Well, here is our step-by-step guide on how you can install and play any android game on your mobile without downloading the Obb files.
How to Install the OBB file on an Android Phone
- A file share app installed on your android device. We recommend xender. However, any file-sharing app will work just fine.
- Another device with the game/app already installed. Ideally, you can ask a friend or family member. Your friend/family member should also have the file share app installed on his phone
STEP BY STEP GUIDE:
Open Xender or any Other sharing app.
- Ask your friend/family member to send the Mobile game you want. Here I have used PUBG as an example.
- Once you have received the game/app apk, install it on your phone, but DON’T OPEN It yet.
- Now, navigate to the Files tab in the xender app on the other device and go to Phone Storage> Android> OBB> The game folder. For PUBG Mobile, it is com.Tencent.ig
- Allow all permissions the Xender app asks for and,
- Wait until the transfer is complete.
- Now, on Your Phone(recipient device), go to the Xender folder where you find a ‘folder’ just select open it. Then you find the same name OBB file, which your friend sent you via xender. Select it to move.
- Now in the file manager, go to phone storage >Android > Obb and paste it.
- Now, open the game on your phone, and you are good to go. Enjoy the game
Also, do you know you Can use Xender Web to share mobile games to pc wirelessly? Here is a guide on how to do that.
Watch the video for a Step-by-Step Video Guide
I hope our article “How to Play any Mobile Game without Downloading Huge OBB Files” helped you. Share it with your friends and family. If you have more questions related to the post, leave them in the comments below.
For more tips and tricks like this Follow us on social media and turn on notifications for shadowknightganing.com for future updates.