The Eminence in Shadow aka Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute is one of the latest popular additions to the Isekai anime series which managed to blow away the expectations of fans who believed this genre to be a lower quality of storytelling.
With the first season completing 20 episodes in February 2023, fans were very excited to hear more news about this exhilarating anime. Unsurprisingly, the success of the series quickly guaranteed a second season while only raising the stakes as time passes.
In this article, we will look at all the information we know about the second season of The Eminence in Shadow.
The Eminence in Shadow Season 2 Details
Which Arc will be covered in Season 2 of The Eminence in Shadow?
The second season will be adapting the third volume of the light novel which is the much awaited Blood Queen arc. The main focus of the arc will be on Cid and Shadow Garden as they investigate a lawless city plagued by a vampire known as the Blood Queen.
With new characters being introduced and loveable side characters also playing huge roles, fans have good reason to look forward to this arc.
What Happened in The Eminence in Shadow Season 1
The Season 1 of Eminence in Shadow was a fantastic starter to the series as it introduced us to the protagonist, Cid Kagenou, a reincarnated man who was always chasing after more power. In this magical world, he is finally able to achieve this and dawns the identity of Shadow, the masked vigilante who runs the group Shadow Garden.
Together with these subordinates, they face off against the powerful Cult of Diablos which keeps attempting to cause chaos in the world. At the same time, Cid wishes to enact his fantasy of controlling everything from behind the scenes and we watch the hilarious series of events that occur for him to perfect his identity.
The season ends after an explosive battle between Shadow who faces off against Princess Iris and Beatrix in a tense political situation caused by Rose killing the king of the Oriana kingdom, Raphael, who was a puppet of the cult. Left with no other options after their eventual escape, Rose ends up training to join the ranks of Shadow Garden.
Eminence in Shadow Season 2 Expected Release Date
On the 28th of May, a second season of The Eminence in Shadow was confirmed through social media. While the Eminence in Shadow Season 2 is officially set to release on October 23rd, the first episode was released as a preview on July 1st at Anime Expo.
The Eminence in Shadow Cast of Characters
One of the best parts of The Eminence in Shadow is its varied characters who are each able to entertain us while the protagonist tries his best to be a background character.
The main cast will still feature:
- Cid Kagenou (Voice Actor: Seiichirou Yamashita) – The Main protagonist of the series who runs Shadow Garden and is also its mysterious leader, Shadow.
- Claire Kagenou(Voice Actor: Rina Hidaka) – Cid’s older sister who is very protective of him and plays a huge role in the part.
- Alpha (Voice Actor: AsamiSeto) – The strongest member of Shadow Garden apart from Cid and oversees most of its operations.
- Delta (Voice Actor: Ai Fairouz) – The Third strongest member of Shadow Garden who is muscle-headed and a valuable source of strength.
- Beta (Voice Actor: InoriMinase) – A loyal subordinate of Shadow who handles analytics and gains a lot of information through her alternate identity as a renowned author.
Apart from this, there are many other lesser-known and new characters who will also be playing major roles in this part:
- Juggernaut (Voice Actor: Tsuyoshi Koyama) – A free-spirited man who pursues strength and is one of the three monarchs who rule the Black Tower.
- Mary (Voice Actor: Ai Kakuma)– A legendary vampire hunter who is constantly trying to end the life of the Blood Queen.
- Crimson (Voice Actor: Tomokazu Sugita) – The personal advisor of the Blood Queen and monarch of the Crimson Tower.
- Yukime (Voice Actor: Shizuka Itou) – A fox spirit who is the ruler of the White Tower in Lawless City.
- The Blood Queen (Voice Actor: Unknown) – She is the major antagonist of this part and is also known as the queen of vampires.
What Will Happen in The Eminence in Shadow Season 2?
The Eminence in Shadow Season 2 starts as we see Cid getting dragged into joining his sister, Claire, to join the magic swordsman association in subjugating the Red Tower. The group hopes to defeat the dreaded Blood Queen during the Red Moon event.
This will be no easy task, however, as they have to go through Lawless City, which is filled with challenges. Adding to this, The Blood Queen is also a dangerous opponent and they soon find out that they might have taken more than they bargained for.
While the great humor of The Eminence in Shadow is still present through this arc, it also focuses more on the dramatic side while constantly gripping us with plot twists. For those who were entranced by the first season of the series, this part will only make you love it even more.
The Eminence in Shadow Season 2 is scheduled to release in Fall 2023 with 12 episodes.
Stay tuned for more updates!
Anime Related Articles
Here is everything you need to know about the upcoming Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War Part…
Here is all that you need to know about The Girl I Like Forgot Her…
TSUKIMICHI: Moonlit Fantasy is getting a much-awaited second season. Here is everything we know so…
Here is everything you need to know about the upcoming Season of Dark Gathering. Key…