TSUKIMICHI: Moonlit Fantasy is getting a much-awaited second season. Here is everything we know so far!
Table of Contents
Tsukimichi-Moonlit Fantasy is an Isekai anime which released in July 2021 and had little to no expectations from fans.
This underdog, however, managed to stun everyone with a vibrant world, fresh storytelling, and a likable protagonist who is very different from the standard Isekai overpowered main character.
The beloved anime has grown to have a dedicated fan base that eagerly looked forward to its next season but was left in the dark for a considerable amount of time.
As a pleasant surprise, a new trailer that dropped on July 2023, revealed a lot of information about the future of the series.
TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- Season 2 Release Date
Tsukimichi Season 2 is currently scheduled to be released in January 2024 in the Winter Anime season. There have been some huge changes as C2C, the studio that animated the first season will not be returning.
In its stead, J.C. Staff will be taking over this project and releasing the anime as two consecutive cours.
For those who don’t know a “cour” is a unit of time usually equivalent to three months, which corresponds to one anime season. So, “two consecutive cours” means that the second season will span six months in total.
This means the anime has a good chance of extending beyond just its anime season.
While J.C. Staff had become infamous over the years for its disappointing adaptations of One Punch Man and The Way of the Househusband, we have seen their potential through projects like Bakuman and Konosuba.
With the trailer also showcasing a great quality of animation, fans have good reason to remain excited.
What to Expect from Tsukimichi Season 2?
Season 1 of Tsukimichi focused a lot on comedy and world-building while introducing us to several likable side characters who would complement the protagonist.
Season 2 will continue Makoto’s journey as he continues traveling the land while meeting new humans and learning the structure of the world.
This will also be much more serious as we are introduced to villains who will threaten those he holds close and will push him to use his power to preserve justice.
While Makoto might not have been officially chosen as a hero, his ideals and behavior still make him more than deserving of the title.
The season will also feature a lot of our beloved female cast, such as Tomoe and Mio, who constantly try to gain the attention of the master they serve while even competing with each other.
TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- Season 2 Trailer
Here is the official trailer for Moonlit Fantasy Season 2.
Will Makoto return to his original world in Moonlit Fantasy Season 2?
The official trailer for Tsukimichi: Moonlit Fantasy Season 2 shows Makoto returning to his original world, but it is unclear why he is there or how long he will stay. It is possible that he will only be there for a brief visit, or that he has finally found a way to return permanently.
In the light novels, Makoto does eventually return to his original world, but it is not until much later in the story. He is able to do so thanks to the help of a powerful goddess, and he is able to bring Tomoe and Mio with him.
However, it is important to note that the anime adaptation of Tsukimichi: Moonlit Fantasy has made some changes to the light novels. For example, the anime has introduced some new characters and subplots, and it has also changed the order of some events.
Therefore, the anime may take a different approach to Makoto’s return to his original world in Season 2. It is also possible that the anime will end with Makoto still in the other world, and that his return to his original world will be saved for a future season or movie.
Overall, it is too early to say for sure whether Makoto will return to his original world in Season 2.
Moonlit Fantasy Season 2 Cast
- Makoto Misumi – The main character of the series, he is interested in archery and has magical abilities rivaling that of the Goddess’. Originally supposed to be a hero, he is relieved of his duty after being deemed not good looking enough for the Goddess and sets out on an adventure of his own. He’s voiced by Natsuki Hanae.
- Tomoe – Priorly known as the ‘Shen’, she’s one of the Greater Dragons. She made a pact with Makoto to learn the way of the Samurai. She has the ability to create misty illusions to distort her enemies. She’s voiced by Ayane Sakura.
- Mio – She was known as the Black Spider of Calamity, terrorizing humans and demi-humans to satiate her unending hunger. She made a pact with Makoto unknowingly, upon Tomoe’s insistence. She has the ability to harness dark magic and is able to swallow other’s magic. She’s voiced by Akari Kito.
- Shiki – Known as Larva, he was a Lich who desired to become a Grant and travel to other worlds. Makoto convinced him to make a pact with him to serve him due to Shiki’s wish to learn more about magic. He’s voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda.
- Beren – Makoto saved Beren from Black Spider of Calamity. He’s an elderly dwarf and a blacksmith of Demiplane and the Kuzunoha Company. He’s voiced by Shinpachi Tsuji.
- Toa – An adventurer, she’s looking for her family dagger in Zetsuya, having come all the way from Tsige. After falling into debt, she was forced to become a subject of human magic experimentation by the higher-ranking adventurers. She’s voiced by Yurika Kubo.
- Rinon – Toa’s younger sister, she’s forced to pay her elder sister’s debt by spying on people as commanded by the high-ranking adventurers. She’s voiced by Aiko Ninomiya.
- Goddess – The main antagonist, she’s vain and prefers beauty all above. She rejects Makoto as a hero due to his average looks and casts him away in the Wasteland. She had made a deal with Makoto’s parents to have one of their children in exchange for a life on earth for them. She’s voiced by Reina Ueda.
- Tsukuyomi – The moon god, he was responsible for bringing Makoto to the Goddess’ world. He bestowed his powers on Makoto after witnessing him being ill-treated by the Goddess. He’s voiced by Tomoaki Maeno.
- Sofia Bulga – She’s a well-known adventurer and the strongest member registered on the guild. She’s quite skilled with swords and magic. She’s voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro.
What is Tsukimichi About?
Tsukimichi starts similar to any standard Isekai by showing us a man Makoto who is set to reincarnate in a magical world as its hero.
To his surprise, however, the goddess who was supposed to send him is disgusted by his presence and ends up throwing him towards the edges of the world, far away from civilization.
Through the 12 episodes of the series, we get to experience Makoto trying to get accustomed to his new world while running into a variety of different species who befriend him and even assist him on his journey exploring this continent.
While Makoto is a very powerful individual, his actions can make one believe that he is very weak and he does not needlessly flaunt his strength either. Despite this, he also hopes to use his gifts to build a society where everyone can peacefully coexist.
Should I Watch Tsukimichi?
Tsukimichi is a very fun viewing experience and leaves you thoroughly entertained from start to end.
While it might not contain the depth that Isekai anime such as Re: Zero or Mushoku Tensei might have, it still stands out in its way by having a balance of both light-hearted and deeper themes.
The series also appeals to harem fans as it has a fantastic and likable cast of females who contribute to several hilarious moments.
With a foot in every genre, Tsukimichi is an anime that you don’t have to invest too much into and has more than enough hype moments to satisfy viewers.
Moonlit Fantasy Season 2 FAQ
When will Moonlit Fantasy Season 2 be released?
Moonlit Fantasy Season 2 is scheduled to premiere in January 2024. The exact release date is yet to be announced.
How many episodes will Moonlit Fantasy Season 2 have?
The second season of Moonlit Fantasy will have 24-25 episodes.
Which studio will be animating Moonlit Fantasy Season 2?
J.C. Staff will animate Season 2, taking over from studio C2C.
Will the original cast return for Season 2?
Yes, the same voice cast will return for Season 2. Natsuki Hanae will voice Makoto Misumi, Ayane Sakura will voice Tomoe, Akari Kitō will voice Mio and Kenjiro Tsuda will voice Shiki.
What will the plot of Moonlit Fantasy Season 2 be?
Season 2 will follow Makoto as he continues having adventures and facing new challenges in the Moonlit World.
What will the story of Moonlit Fantasy Season 2 be about?
Season 2 will continue Makoto’s story as he encounters new enemies and develops his relationships with companions like Tomoe in the Moonlit World he was summoned to. Despite having the weakest crest, Makoto uses his intelligence and cunning to survive and thrive.
Will there be any new characters in Moonlit Fantasy Season 2?
Yes, there will be new characters in Moonlit Fantasy Season 2. One of the new characters will be a demon princess named Luna who is interested in Makoto. Other than that we can expect to see the Demon Lord, the Holy King of Albaland, and their respective retainers.
What will Moonlit Fantasy Season 2 cover?
Moonlit Fantasy Season 2 is expected to cover the second volume of the light novel series, which introduces several new characters and locations
Will we see more of Makoto’s harem in Season 2?
We will likely see more of Makoto’s harem in Season 2, including further development of his relationships with existing female characters like Tomoe, Mio, and Elfina. However, Moonlit Fantasy is not a traditional harem anime, so he may not end up with any of them romantically. The creators will decide how much to focus on Makoto’s harem in Season 2.
Will there be any romance in Moonlit Fantasy Season 2?
There will likely be some romance in Moonlit Fantasy Season 2, as Makoto’s relationship with his companions continues to develop. However, it is unclear which specific characters will be involved in romantic relationships
Will Makoto learn more about his powers and origins in Season 2?
Yes, Makoto will likely gain more understanding of his mysterious powers and their origins in Season 2. In Season 1, he exhibited incredible swimming abilities but struggled to control them, so his journey of self-discovery to accept his powers will be a focus. The director hinted Makoto will learn more about his powers/origins to become more confident.
Will Makoto’s relationship with Tomoe develop further?
Yes, Makoto and Tomoe’s relationship will likely deepen in Season 2. Both confessed their feelings but did not officially start dating in Season 1. Tomoe is a main character who has strong feelings for the shy and reserved Makoto, so their romantic bond continuing to grow seems probable.
Anime Related Articles
The Eminence in Shadow aka Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute is one of the latest…
Key Takeaways: After long delays, Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead finally ended its…
Here is everything you need to know about the upcoming Season of Dark Gathering. Key…
Here is the ultimate list of the best anime with overpowered main characters (OP MC…